I call out to you in a moment of desperation. I am literally beside myself and can't imagine going on this way a fraction of a second longer.
I haaaaaaate my haaaaaaaaair.
I know Whoorl has Hair Thursday but she has a four year waiting list and what I need is feedback this very second. Internet, you NEED to tell me what to do because if it's up to me it's either going to be the Brittany Spears buzz cut special or a wig that could rival those in Lord of The Rings.
What I'm working with:
- My hair is crazy thick, which means it's heavy and can't be weighed down by products.
- I highlight it and am NOT willing to change colors. I have a two-tone Caramel and Rice Krispie thing going on that I enjoy very much. In fact, I'd love to go a little MORE blond but the upkeep is too timely for me right now. So no color change suggestions please.
- If I could, I'd have it back in a pony tail all day, every day. But it doesn't look cute or professional so I know it's not possible. I don't like hair hanging around my face because it feels too claustrophobic for whatever insane reason, though I love the LOOK of my hair down. When it's styled, that is. Greasy up-all-night-for-four-nights-in-a-row-with-a-sick-kid down, notsomuch.
- I have a round Polish face. I don't look good with short short pixie hair so let's just bypass that suggestion right off the bat.
- My hair has a natural wave, so it's not poker straight.
- I AM LAZY. I will not use a straight iron. Not a huge fan of curling irons. I work full time and I have a toddler. Time is of the essence.
This is my hair over the weekend, kinda of styled, with product in it. My hair is shorter and stacked in the back and longer towards the front:
(Second one, bottom right. Photo taken by the lovely Cass)
And here is what it looks like professional straightened by my hair stylist so you KNOW I could never make it look like THAT again in my own bathroom:
I have had some variation of this style for years and I'm done. Give me something different. Something cute and trendy and fun. Low maintenance with minimal products. Or buy me hats because I might be working myself into a frenzy over here.
I love the idea of blunt bangs but I know myself and I'd hate them in a month and the only way I'd survive the grow-out process would be to place myself in a medically induced coma. I've tried the side-swept bang thing and they drove me insane. Why YES I am a pain when it comes to my hair, thank you for asking.
So please. Help. Or tell me a product you love that has helped you through tough times--really, I'm open to pretty much anything.