1. What did you do this year that you’d never done before?
Went to BlogHer and met a ton of lovely ladies, launched a review site, turned 30, celebrated my kid's first birthday (and survived), moved into a house.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I really TRY to keep them, honest. I think I kept about half from last year. And yes, I have made more for this year to be detailed in an upcoming post.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My mother's uncle in early December.
5. What countries did you visit?
None! None at all!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
STABILITY. At least we have a secure place to live now which is a huge blessing. So let's just add financial stability to that list and we'll be all good.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Theo turning one. March 3rd. The day the apartment situation started. August 9th.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not being committed to a looney bin and I'm being totally serious. Oh, and paying off our car.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not exercising and keeping up with my mental and physical health.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really, no.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Theo's, for entering into toddler hood without much trauma. Granted he has his moments but he truly is a pure joy and a blast to be around.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The GOP. Our apartment management complex. Anyone on the internet hatin' on people in the midst of a tragedy.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, daycare, food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"Single Ladies" which isn't really original, and also Chris Brown's "Forever"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) The same? b) heavier c) poorer (WOW! SO UPLIFTING!)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Gone on more dates with Bryan (not any of my OTHER boyfriends of course, I saw them enough) and had more friends over.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Moving without the assistance of professional movers. (Stole that from Pseudostoops and it's PERFECT!)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with Bryan's family and Christmas day with mine.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Not with anyone new :-)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Dirty Jobs FTW!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Don’t think so.
24. What was the best book you read?
The question should be, "Did you even READ a book this year?" and my answer is "I don't really remember."
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm not really on the cutting edge of music so my discoveries are people's old ipod play lists. I'm totally digging Daughtry right now but again, old news to most.
26. What did you want and get?
The chance to meet a ton of bloggy friends!
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh I loved Wall-E and Away We Go.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the big 3-0 and I worked that day. My mom dropped by the office with red velvet cake (HOLLA), Pocklock sent me flowers (MWAH!), Bryan got the car detailed (my one true wish) and my MIL had a gourmet home cooked meal sent over. My pants were bursting and it was all good.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Let's reference ol' #6 up there shall we?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I now have huge chunky purses, a pair of fake Uggs and skinny jeans. I'm a poser. Around the house I flit around in frayed pajama pants and an old college sweatshirt.
32. What kept you sane?
Once again, The Internets. Seriously, I want to hug you all and kiss your cheeks. I honestly HONESTLY don't know what I'd do without you.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs (RAWR) and after seeing The Hangover, Bradley Cooper but what is UP with him and Renee Zellweger? I mean c'mon now.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care reform.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh geeze don't make me pick!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
You'd be amazed at what you're capable of handling.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"We can laugh, we can cry
We're all just lookin' for the reasons why
In a place so dark can we see the light
Either way it will be alright" "Everyday America" by Sugarland