So much to catch up on, and I will catch you up, I promise. But for now let's just reflect on 2008 by way of a meme. Sundry does this every year and I'm excited to fill it out this year. If you fill one out yourself let me know, because I love reading them.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Gave birth and all that went along with it (hospital stay, breast feeding, etc) All new to me!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Never really have before but I have the best of intentions for 2009.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Lots of people--it was The Year O' Babies 'round here!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit? None.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Stability.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 3rd was the day I went into pre-term labor at 30 weeks, and then March 3rd was the day Theo was born 5 weeks early.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being a mom.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not asking for help from friends and family when I needed it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Um, not really. Pre-term labor but I don't know if that counts.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Oh Lord, probably anything that helped us get sleep, though I can't think of something specific. Mylicon Infant Gas Drops?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? OBAMA!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Bush/McCain/Palin rinse, repeat.
14. Where did most of your money go? Hospital/NICU bills. Dude, having a baby is expensive even with insurance!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having a healthy baby boy and watching all of his developments!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Totally drawing a blank.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier!
b) thinner or fatter? Easy--thinner because I was almost 6 months pregnant then :-)
c) richer or poorer? Poorer financially but richer in love and family. (Awww!)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Sleep.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worry/stress
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve with Bryan's family, Christmas Day at my mom's.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yup, with Theo (though I loved him before he was born, of course, but you know what I mean)!
22. What was your favorite TV program? We don't have TV so anything on Netflix. We rediscovered our love for old Cosby Show episodes though.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Um, I hate things that happened, but not the actual people really. Well, strike that. I hate George W. Bush. There I said it!
24. What was the best book you read? I didn't get a lot of time to read this year, sadly, but I loved "Raising Baby Green" by Dr. Greene
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Beyonce's Single Ladies :-)
26. What did you want and get? A healthy baby
27. What did you want and not get? To be debt-free
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Oh that's hard to choose. We just watched Wall.E last night and I love love loved it!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29. I spent the day beyond exhausted since I had a 4 week old. I cried a lot because Bryan went back to work, and I got my hair done.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More self-pampering
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Wear something that fits that doesn't have puke or drool on it.
32. What kept you sane? The Internet
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? OBAMA!
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Oh, all of it. Everything encompassing the election.
35. Who did you miss? My friends, as we don't see each other nearly as often as we should, but we all had babies so scheduling is harder.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Bryan's really good friend Amy Wilson from NYC
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Things happen for a reason.
I was lost and now I`m found
A baby changes everything